DOWNLOAD INDUSTRIAL ENTRY FORM BELOW (PDF)
General Rules and Entry Form published in Schedule of Prizes – now available from secretary
Secretary: Mrs M Cooper
Greta Farm, Gilmonby, Bowes, Co.Durham, DL12 9LS
INDUSTRIAL & HORTICULTURAL SECTION
Horticulture: Mr. & Mrs. K. Walton, Mickleton
Flower Arranging: To be confirmed
Cakes: Mrs. E. M. Alderson, Healaugh
Bread, scones, biscuits, pastries The Moody Baker, Barnard Castle
Eggs & Preserves Mrs. A. Sayer, Lunedale
Handicrafts & Adult Art & Crafts Ms. A. Johnston, Middleton-in-Teesdale
Amateur Photography: Claire Collinson Photography, Barnard Castle
Children’s Arts & Crafts Mrs. C. Flint, Bishop Auckland
Schoolchildren’s Classes Mrs. S. Wilson, Langleydale
J. Wilson China Cup Mr. P Tranter, Boldron
- All exhibits must be staged by 9.30am, judging to commence at 9.45am.
- All entry forms accompanied by appropriate fees must be sent to the Secretary no later than Wednesday, 30st August, 2017.
- No exhibit in classes 229 – 266 to have previously been judged at Bowes Show.
- All exhibits to be the work of the exhibitor.
- Prizes: 1st, £3; 2nd, £2; 3rd, £1, unless otherwise stated. 4th prize of 50p will be awarded if there are 10 or more entries in any class.
- Entry fee 50p per entry unless otherwise stated (see Rule 7, General Rules)
- All preserves to be shown in plain jars (no trade names) and to be covered in cellophane.
- 1 jar of preserve minimum of 12ozs (340g) will constitute an entry unless otherwise stated.
- All produce is to be cut and sampled.
- In flower classes, competitors must provide their own bowls or vases.
- All exhibits to be shown without fancy cloths or baskets, excepting classes 185–191 inclusive
- At the Committee’s discretion classes for children aged 18 years and under on Show Day may be divided according to age.
- No exhibits or prize cards can be removed before 4.00pm without written permission from the industrial secretary.
- The marquee will be closed at 4.00pm and only exhibitors will be readmitted to collect their exhibits and prizes.
- All exhibits to be cleared by 5.00pm.
- Any prize money not collected on Show Day will be returned to Show funds.
Prizes: 1st, £3.00; 2nd, £2.00; 3rd, £1.00 Entry Fee 50p
J T Atkinson & Sons, Builders Merchant, has kindly sponsored classes 154-159 inclusive
2nd, 2 points; 3rd, 1 point.
1st, 3 points; 2nd, 2 points; 3rd, 1 point
BREAD, SCONES, BISCUITS & PASTRIES
PRESERVES AND DESSERTS
MEN ONLY CLASSES
BAKING SPECIAL CLASS – ‘WHAT A DISASTER’
ADULT ARTS & CRAFTS
OPEN CHILDREN’S CLASSES
SCHOOL CHILDREN’S SECTION
- Classes are open to children attending Bowes School or Bowes Pre-school.
- All exhibits to be produced in and entered through school or pre-school.
- Prizes: 1st, £1.00; 2nd, 60p; 3rd, 40p. will be awarded in each class. No entry fee.
- All exhibits must be labelled with the competitor’s name and age on the back.
As at July 2017
Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 as at July 2017
LOWER JUNIOR CLASSES
Years 3 & 4 as at July 2017
UPPER JUNIOR CLASSES
Years 5 & 6 as at July 2017
J. WILSON CHINA CUP